- Safety Tips
- Summer Safety
Summertime is upon us, kids are out of school and our lives are busier than ever. From time to time, we tend to forget and overlook things because we are so busy. The Havelock Police Department would like to remind everyone of some general tips to help you stay safe and protect your property.
- Lock and secure all windows and doors in your home/business and vehicle (s). Do not leave valuables in your car, take them inside (firearms, electronics, gifts, purse/wallet, phones, laptops, etc.).
- Ladies, when shopping in a store and pushing a shopping cart, do not walk away from the cart and leave your purse/wallet unattended. Be mindful of your personal belongings and zip the purse closed at all times
- When purchasing any electronics or firearms, please record the make/model/serial number in a safe place or take pictures of the serial number and store them in a safe place. This is for peace of mind and any insurance-related purposes (theft, fire, weather damage).
- If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Be cautious of any correspondence (text, email, letter, even a phone call) that states you have won a lottery or any monetary/item prize and that requires you to send in money prior to receiving your prize. 100% of these are fraud. If you have any concerns about this type of correspondence, contact a family member for advice, research it on the internet or contact your local law enforcement agency.
- If you live within the city limits of Havelock and you plan on leaving town for vacation, please contact us about filling out a residential check form. This form informs the Police Department you are leaving and an officer will stop by your residence and check that all doors and windows are secure while you are gone.
Please, contact Havelock Police Department at 252-447-3212 for more details
If you have any information about any type of crime please contact your local law enforcement agency or the Craven County Crime Stoppers tip line at 252-633-5141.